HEGT University welcome students from all backgrounds and cultures to contribute to the unique learning culture and experience of the university.
We are always proud to let you know that we assess each application submitted on an individual basis and on merit. We will always consider your application for an alternative course if we’re unable to make you an offer for your first choice of course. The entire aspect of this process are usually discussed with the applicants via series of interactive email communication.
- An applicant for undergraduate admission into HEGT University is usually expected to have a minimum of 5 O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the HEGT OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of PASS. Also for admission into the school of Management Science Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, ACCA etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recognised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- 5 O’Level credits including Math and English (Not more than two sittings)
- 5 Passport photographs
- Photocopy of International Passport or (ECOWAS Passport’s) data page
- Admission Letter from your old school (For transfer students)
- Transcripts from your old school (For transfer students)
Upon receipt of your application you are likely to receive one of the following four responses:
1. An offer of Admission
We may give you an offer of admission for your chosen course or an alternative.
Offers can be unconditional (if you meet all requirements) or conditional (if you’re yet to meet requirements, for example if you are an awaiting results applicant).
2. An interview request
An admission counsellor may call you or ask you to attend an interview to meet the academic leader or to provide further academic portfolio to support your application.
3. A request for more supported information
If the admission officers don’t have enough information to assess your application we may ask you to provide the additional information. This could include copies of qualifications (if you have completed your studies) or a detailed CV.
4. A rejection
Unfortunately not all applicants are successful in gaining entry into HEGT University. As mentioned we will always consider your application for an alternative course if an appropriate option is available. If we do reject your application we will provide feedback to explain the reason why in your decision letter.
We aim to process all applications within 5 working days. Please note, a decision may take longer if we need to request further information or your course requires an interview or portfolio assessment. We encourage you to read our course entry requirements above prior to submitting your application in order to make sure you have submitted all relevant information.
Should you have a complaint regarding the admissions process you may contact us for further directives.
To apply for admission, click this link to begin